Monday, January 2, 2012

The End

Each year I look forward to New Year's Eve as a wonderful annual reminder to take note of all the blessings in my life and to alter aspects of areas that are not so blessed.  


As 2012 begins I realized that one of my biggest struggles of 2011 was trying to juggle too many activities. When I began this blog, my living situation was drastically diverse. As my number of posts decreased and my excuses increased this year, I knew that the end of this blog was an inevitability. As I look back on my past two years blogging, it has been a fun adventure and I am so happy with how the blog continually morphed into what I was able to provide at different moments in my life.  


Recently my life has taken off and I am so thankful to have a great job at a wonderful art center in a city filled with people who appreciate the arts. Having said that, I realize that by reducing the amount of extra activities I have, I will be able to increase the amount of time I have enjoying the aforementioned art with loved ones. And after all, the whole point of this blog was to push the general population, of which I am included, to go support and revel in the cultural resources in their own cities. 


Many thanks to all of you who have continued to read my little experiment in art history. Please enjoy the information and images that will forever exist here, but remember to cite all references and artists. Good luck to you in 2012. Now turn off your computer. Go out and savor the arts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Art is less important than life but what a poor life without it."

Robert Motherwell