Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Busy Busy Art Week!

The art season is in full bloom!  Wow, am I exhausted

I have a jam-packed week of art that I am right in the middle of and its kicking my butt


Last Saturday I left to go help install the exhibition  Los juguetes de los Vanguardias / Toys of the Avant-Garde at the Museo Picasso Málaga with my job and I was also able to check out a couple of other culture-filled tourist stops (pics to come). I had a great time and met so many people from the art world, but alas I had to travel back to Italy


Although I returned primarily to get back to office work, I also needed to get a wardrobe change. From the warm weather in Málaga, Spain, I am headed to the chilly weather of Berlin, GermanyThanks to a great friend from Dallas, I was hooked up with a pretty sweet deal for Art Forum Berlin. If all goes as planned, you will be hearing more about this awesome person in the future.


So why am I so excited? Wellfor 2 reasons Art Forum Berlin cators to a slightly younger crowd than Art Basel and also unlike Art Basel, I am representing myself, not my job. Oh and a major third reason, Berlin is supposed to be the mecca of the contemporary art scene, so I am excited to see the art that pushes the boundaries


To end this wonderful week (err, 10 days), I am going to Teatro Alla Scala in Milan, Italy to see L'Elisir  D'Amour when I return! I feel a little guilty that I get to enjoy so much art in so many cities! 


So be ready to get many posts in the next few weeks, hopefully it will make up for my academic sabbatical in September

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Art is less important than life but what a poor life without it."

Robert Motherwell